gas pedal repair help

Here's the place to come to post when you have questions relating to technical issues or mechanical questions on the 1966 model year.

bajaaaron66

gas pedal repair help

Post by bajaaaron66 »

The gas pedal in my 66 is damaged,needed to know if anyone had a diagram on how it goes together? I just bought a replacement kit but not sure if i am missing pieces or what, directions not included in package.. thanks.... :) :?:
jmartini
Administrator

Post by jmartini »

Hi Aaron - I think it may be covered in John Muir's book - I can take a look when I get home tonight and see if there is an exploded view. If so, I will scan it and attach it to this post. Scruffy may know off the top of his head since he pretty much did a ground up restoration. Stay tuned......
jmartini
Administrator

Post by jmartini »

Aaron - Here you go - I could not find it in the book but this will help I think, so even if the parts are hard to see you can probably line them up based on the picture below. If I find something better I will add it to the post!
Attachments
pedalassembly1.jpg
pedalassembly1.jpg (48.38 KiB) Viewed 10139 times
bajaaaron66

Thankyou John

Post by bajaaaron66 »

Thankyou very much, that just made one more project completed, i love this forum and everyone who have been so helpfull, thanks again john...
jmartini
Administrator

Post by jmartini »

No problem Aaron, I'm glad it worked out. You must be really close to getting it on the road now!
bajaaaron66

almost road ready

Post by bajaaaron66 »

I am getting really close john but work is sending me to Hollywood florida for two weeks starting october 2, so i will try real hard this weekend to finish it up, but other engagements might make it tough. yall take care and i will talk with yall when i get home....Aaron 8)
jmartini
Administrator

Post by jmartini »

I wish I was going to Florida! Have a good time and a safe trip!