PLEASE HELP!!! IM NOT GETTING A SPARK

Let's hear about your 1966 VW Beetle - How long have you owned it? What attracted you to this specific model year? what makes it unique? PLEASE - NO TECHNICAL OR MECHANICAL QUESTIONS IN THIS FORUM - PLEASE POST THEM IN THE TECHNICAL/MECHANICAL SECTION. Thanks John
66baja_mike

PLEASE HELP!!! IM NOT GETTING A SPARK

Post by 66baja_mike »

its a 66 of course :) Baja with a 1800 motor I replaced my 12 volt alternator and now wont get a spark I thought my coil might have been bad so I replaced it and still no spark my switch wire off the ignition is hot reading at 9.6 to 12.0 volts which is normal going into the + on the coil I have electronic points and im wondering if i wired it wrong and burned them out... i have two wires coming off my points a black and a red that go to the coil and a separate black wire that comes off my carb. so 4 wires in total hitting my coil... (1) black ignition (2) black carb. (3) & (4) black and red for the electronic points which wires go where on my +and - on my coil? i think i wired it wrong please help
darzoom

Post by darzoom »

I just saw this. I hope you were able to get it running. If so what did you find as the issue?