clutch pressure plate designs

Here's the place to come to post when you have questions relating to technical issues or mechanical questions on the 1966 model year.

KKV270

clutch pressure plate designs

Post by KKV270 »

Hi.

I recently saw a clutch pressure plate that looked like what I use (same size and design) apart from having the centre plate on which the release bearing pushes against.... Kindly tell me, does this p.plate use a different kind of release bearing or would it work as is lying directly onto my release bearing?

Sorry, lack of pics can leave things hard to understand but I believe someone out there knows just what Im trying to paint.
Cheers.[/code]
darzoom

Post by darzoom »

There are different pressure plates and bearings.
Attachments
throwout.png
throwout.png (54.45 KiB) Viewed 1973 times
180mmPressurePlates.jpg
180mmPressurePlates.jpg (19.87 KiB) Viewed 1973 times
KKV270

Post by KKV270 »

HiDarzoom.

Thanks for the pic. Now, explaining from the pics, my pressure plate is the 6 spring type. the 6 spring pressure plate I am talking about doesn't have the center part (round surface) on which the release bearing rests. What kind of a release bearing would such use? I have seen 2 - once when I was shopping for a replacement p.plate and now on a friends engine (unfortunately his body is in a remote location so I can't view it & neither does he know the difference.
Thanks.