New Member Intro Got the Bug Bug

This is the place to introduce yourself and tell us a little about yourself.....
Nics66

New Member Intro Got the Bug Bug

Post by Nics66 »

Hi from Australia
My 16 year old son just brought a 66 VW Beetle that had been sitting in a locals yard for 2 years. A$1500 later we towed it to our yard and started. Brakes don't work, hasen't been started for 2 years and not registered. Took all the wings off, checked the battery area floor, apart for using 2 x icecream lids for battery case floor is all good, broke RHR wing seal. Looked at the brakes, found leak in LH front rubber line. Went to local city and ordered replacement. Came with girl end instead of domed end. Working on replacements for all. Payed $150A$ for a new 6 Volt battery to try and get started. Previous had put 4 indicator lights above ash tray plus a toggle switch. Hole drilled in RHS dash. Has been in a pranged as it has a different color LH guard as well as significant Hood damage, bumper damage and missing bumper bling.

So the adventure begins :) - old emoticon cause I am
Last edited by Nics66 on Tue Jun 16, 2015 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nics66

Paperwork

Post by Nics66 »

Came with Original Voltswagon 1300 Log book Instruction Manual, How to get the most from your Voltswagan, Castrol Recommended Lubricants, Service Stations list, Approved Voltswagon Accessories pamphlet.
Will PDF and post if I can figure out how to do it, or request and and I will email
jmartini
Administrator

Post by jmartini »

Welcome to the forum Nics66!