Flying Pig

Let's hear about your 1966 VW Beetle - How long have you owned it? What attracted you to this specific model year? what makes it unique? PLEASE - NO TECHNICAL OR MECHANICAL QUESTIONS IN THIS FORUM - PLEASE POST THEM IN THE TECHNICAL/MECHANICAL SECTION. Thanks John
Big Joe

Flying Pig

Post by Big Joe »

He wasn't so pretty when I first picked him up and he needed a lot of work. Of course, living in the midwest, we expect this....

I know, you're saying, not bad....for $500 right?

With a little bit of work...

After driving it for 3 years, even during the winter I transformed it again and out-fitted it with a 2276 Turbo and a Rancho Pro Drag trans

Skulls on the bumpers...

Rene Descartes

Post by Rene Descartes »

I think its not that bad! It also looks like you did quite the upgrade on that rig, which is always awesome. Did it cost you much in restoring that? Looks like you broke open a whole auto parts warehouse getting that to look THAT good lol Oh, and I love that little piggy in the front 8)
Big Joe

Post by Big Joe »

Thanks. Dumped about $600 in pans and channels and misc replacement parts of sheet metal. Engine and trans around 11k, but told the wife $1000 8) lol
I have a few more pics to add and when it gets a little warmer, maybe today, I'll post more pics! :)
Big Joe

Post by Big Joe »

Been out playing in my heated garage this winter. Yeah, I know the white wheel stands out, but I didn't feel like painting it since eventually I will change the color to birch green and pearl white to match our 64 Squareback. (Last pic)

Kevboy888

Post by Kevboy888 »

You finally put my flying pig antenna topper on! Now doesn't he look better!
Big Joe

Post by Big Joe »

Kevboy888 wrote:You finally put my flying pig antenna topper on! Now doesn't he look better!
Been on all winter!