VW Carburetors

Here's the place to come to post when you have questions relating to technical issues or mechanical questions on the 1966 model year.

Roadbug

VW Carburetors

Post by Roadbug »

My original Carburetor was replaced with an offshore one that I'm not totally in love with. Is there a re-builder for these old VW Carbs that can redo the worn linkage holes? Other suggestions?
An old car nut who got his driver's license in a new 1961 VW and has owned 10 VW's (1957-1972) since then. Favorite was the 67's (2), but the 66 is the longest owned and current VW.
darzoom

Post by darzoom »

http://www.vintagewerks.com/Carbs/carb_restore.html

Baggerly's Parts and Service for Volkswagens

Carb Junky's Carburetors
jack wild

Post by jack wild »

http://volkzbitz.com

you can give this guy a try... I've seen good reviews.
planenut

Carburetors

Post by planenut »

I've not used this guy, but I like what I see on his web page. He also puts a threaded fuel inlet in, which will eliminate any chance of inlet tubes coming loose.

volkzbitz.com
gary haberman

volkzbitz.com

Post by gary haberman »

I would definitely recommend tim@volkzbitz.com; all the nice comments you find on TheSamba.com are true. Yes, $239 for a 30PICT-1 with the threaded barbed fuel inlet may seem like a lot but he offers you a genuine VW product that is very clean and has the bushing replaced for the throttle shaft. Replacing my old car with one of Tim's made my '66 run 100% better-started right and I don't have to be concerned about the fuel inlet falling out or leaking. Sure you can buy a new Chinese carb from many sources or rebuild your own but I don't believe it will work as well.
hercdriver

Post by hercdriver »

x2 on volkbitz. I am very happy with Tim's work. Worth every penny.