the original dealer...

Let's hear about your 1966 VW Beetle - How long have you owned it? What attracted you to this specific model year? what makes it unique? PLEASE - NO TECHNICAL OR MECHANICAL QUESTIONS IN THIS FORUM - PLEASE POST THEM IN THE TECHNICAL/MECHANICAL SECTION. Thanks John
OurRed116

the original dealer...

Post by OurRed116 »

My '66 Beetle came with its original owner's manual, warranty booklet, and bill of sale, from Earl A. Brown Volkswagen of Clearwater Florida.

Anyone know if there are original license plate frames or other memorabilia available from this dealer? Would be neat to have...

Anyone else know where their car originally came from?
Blue Baron

Re: the original dealer...

Post by Blue Baron »

OurRed116 wrote:My '66 Beetle came with its original owner's manual, warranty booklet, and bill of sale, from Earl A. Brown Volkswagen of Clearwater Florida.

Anyone know if there are original license plate frames or other memorabilia available from this dealer? Would be neat to have...

Anyone else know where their car originally came from?
This is quite a shock, because my car also came from Earl A. Brown Volkswagen and I also have every piece of paperwork for it (including the window sticker), AND I found and restored a license plate frame for it that looks pretty stunning if i say so myself.

In addition, my wife and I drove the car to the location of the old dealership in Clearwater. The building is still there, though it's now a body shop.
OurRed116

Post by OurRed116 »

Very cool to have two '66 Beetles with such similar heritage!

Our car was delivered in January of 1966, and it seems to have migrated to the Dallas, TX area by March of 1967.

I'll try to post pictures soon.
Blue Baron

Post by Blue Baron »

Our car is one of the last '66 models built (something like 15,000 from the end of the model run), and wasn't delivered until October, well into the '67 model year.

It's spent it's entire life less than 40 miles from where it was sold, though service records show it did spend some time in South Carolina!

Here's its thread:

http://1966vwbeetle.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?t=860
Bug-Eyed

Post by Bug-Eyed »

I purchased mine from the original owner. The original owner purchased it from Volkswagen San Francisco 280 South Van Ness Avenue San Francisco, CA.