My Story

Let's hear about your 1966 VW Beetle - How long have you owned it? What attracted you to this specific model year? what makes it unique? PLEASE - NO TECHNICAL OR MECHANICAL QUESTIONS IN THIS FORUM - PLEASE POST THEM IN THE TECHNICAL/MECHANICAL SECTION. Thanks John
Bug-Eyed

My Story

Post by Bug-Eyed »

I said it's "My Story" because it as much about me and my wife as it is about the 1966 VW Beetle.

I was in the US Army for 21 years. I married the most beautiful and wonderful girl while I was in Germany. We were married April 6th 1966 and our wedding gift to each other was a new Blue 1966 VW Beetle that we paid $1495.00 for. Unfortunately I do not have the memories we shared. Before leaving Germany for Vietnam our Beetle met its fate with a piece of Germany heavy equipment that totaled the car. I went on to Vietnam and then on to finish up my 21 year carrier in the military. In 1987 my wife died and I said one day I would own another 1966 VW Beetle in memory of my wife. One month ago I finally found a '66 in the Albuquerque NM area and brought it home.

Last edited by Bug-Eyed on Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:29 am, edited 2 times in total.
darzoom

cool

Post by darzoom »

great find.....