How to mount a horn repair kit...??????

Here's the place to come to post when you have questions relating to technical issues or mechanical questions on the 1966 model year.

ANavarro

How to mount a horn repair kit...??????

Post by ANavarro »

Good afternoon: I've just purchased a kit to repair my Beetle's non working horn pusher, but i'm into a big trouble. I don't know hot to fit it. The kit comprises three screws, six plastic washers and three springs, but i don't know which order are they fitted.
Has anyone out there a drawing or scheme were I can see how to do it?
jmartini
Administrator

Post by jmartini »

I've been looking for an exploded view of the horn assembly but am coming up short - I'll keep trying to find one. I've never had the horn assembly out before so I can't tell you how it's put together but I'll keep looking for a schematic.
jmartini
Administrator

Post by jmartini »

How's this sound - I found this information - hopefully it helps:

If you look at the horn ring you will notice that there are three holes. In the three holes under the horn ring there should be three plastic washers that fit partially in the hole. The three long bolts fit through that opening and the springs are placed over the exposed thread. Just place it on push down and tighten them down to desired level. Then connect the horn wire with the wire plate and screw and you are all set.
ANavarro

Thank you very much....!!!

Post by ANavarro »

I've mounted it that way, and everthing looks on the right way, but the horn isn't still working. I'm afraid that's an electrical problem, concerning a bad earth connection. I'd better take the car to a mechanic, and let a proffesional do his work...!!!
Best regards from Spain..!!!
jmartini
Administrator

Post by jmartini »

Good luck with the repair - these horns are hard to deal with - the wiring is subject to problems (I still don't have my horn working - I have a short somewhere in the steering column), but I plan on having my mechanic work on that too.