Hello from Japan

This is the place to introduce yourself and tell us a little about yourself.....
tinfro

Hello from Japan

Post by tinfro »

I'd like to start off by saying hello from Japan. My name is Martin and I am originally from Washington state and moved to Japan 10 years ago to live with my wife.
I have owned numerous beetles and buses. Old VWs are really expensive here in Japan. I happened to come across a rundown '66 beetle down the street. I told the guy that rather than have the car sit and rot forever, let me take it off of his hands and let me do some good for it and get some enjoyment in the process. It took about a year to convince him, but he finally came around and is going to let me buy it tomorrow for $500. I am very excited to say the least! I will post pictures as soon as I can get it home.
Anyway, I look forward to talking and sharing with you guys here on the forum.

Cheers!
Martin
jmartini
Administrator

Post by jmartini »

Hi Martin! Welcome to the forum and congrats on the 66.
tinfro

Post by tinfro »

thanks! it's my first right hand drive model. i'll post some pics as soon as i get it home.
Bandet

Post by Bandet »

tinfro wrote:thanks! it's my first right hand drive model. i'll post some pics as soon as i get it home.
would love to have a RHD bug. Some day.
tinfro

Post by tinfro »

having a rhd in japan makes it a lot easier when going to places like a drive-thru or paid parking!