New Floor Pans

Here's the spot to show off your 1966 Beetle Restoration projects
bbarbre72

New Floor Pans

Post by bbarbre72 »

I am looking to replace my floor pans. They had been patched previously so I am opting to put new, complete floor pans in. Any suggestions where to get new ones from. It looks like cip1 has the thickest replacement pans, but I have read that they lack quality. I am more concerned about quality than price. Thanks!
timmy2

Post by timmy2 »

I'm new to VWs, but everything I've read says Wolfsburg West is the way to go. I used WW pans (complete, both sides) for my 1966 Type I. They were about $220 apiece, and about $750 to install.

The parts guy showed me a set of WW pans alongside a pair of cheapie pans. The difference was noticeable. The cheapie pair had WAY to much flex in them; it reminded me of a cookie sheet.

Only one issue with the WW pans. They lack the bolt for seatbelt assembly on the door sides. My installer welded in some for me, so I'm good to go when I get that far.

Hope this helps.
Fozzy

Post by Fozzy »

I just bought the WW pans.. have yet to get them in.. but they were 390 a pair then the cost to ship where ever you are..
grandpa pete

Post by grandpa pete »

Funny story about WW floorpans ; My friend called and ordered a pair and told them to put them off to the side because his friend ( me ) was going to swing by with his truck the next day and pick them up on his way back to florida . .....When I drove in with a 72 foot long 80,000 :shock: pound tractor trailer they thought it was a delivery of some sort....NOT the average customer pickup...They were great and even put the floorpans IN the truck for me