From Maine with chance to purchase a 66 beetle, Thoughts...

This is the place to introduce yourself and tell us a little about yourself.....
gagallagher04401

From Maine with chance to purchase a 66 beetle, Thoughts...

Post by gagallagher04401 »

I have the chance to purchase a 66 beetle. Trying to determine if it is a good deal and if I could get my money back if I needed to or wanted to.
(A lot of this is pasted from my e-mail with him)

1300cc rebuilt has 500 miles on it or so
I have attached a couple of pics, I have not seen the car finished yet, that will be this weekend
There are two pics of it nearly finished before he put the glass in and the motor.

"I decided to panel in the side rear windows because it would be different. the rear window is plexiglass....which someone could probably do a better job but it works and doesn't leak.

I pulled the body off the pan and replaced all rusty panels, new body gaskets, the whole thing.

I was able to use the original door windows and the work pretty well...not perfect, but pretty good.

The vent windows were kind of difficult and I made them out of plexi and they work, no they don't seal 100% but close. everything electrical works except the horn. I have the wires run but just have not bought a 6V horn"

Also disc brakes all around, drop spindles in the front, roof is chopped 4".

Much more but I can not remember it all.
He is asking 2,500.00
Attachments
inside.jpg
inside.jpg (135.06 KiB) Viewed 2082 times
bug 4.jpg
bug 4.jpg (67.18 KiB) Viewed 2082 times
Bug 3.jpg
Bug 3.jpg (48.24 KiB) Viewed 2082 times
gagallagher04401

Post by gagallagher04401 »

Anyone have any thoughts?
hercdriver

Post by hercdriver »

I'm a stock guy, so for me that would just be a parts car.
Blue Baron

Post by Blue Baron »

Run away from it as fast as you can.

This is what's called "customized to taste," and will only be worth something to somebody who wants a flat black car with a bad chop-top and filled in rear quarter windows.