Pop out quarter glass sealing issue

Here's the place to come to post when you have questions relating to technical issues or mechanical questions on the 1966 model year.

Speedmster

Post by Speedmster »

Having a few issues getting the pop out quarter glass to seal completely. Forward upper part I can see light coming threw. Anyone had this problem when installing pop outs? EIS is label on window.

Blue Baron

Post by Blue Baron »

Looks like a new aftermarket replacement and not gennie VW.

You could always oval out the holes in the body a bit to give you some up and down adjustment.
planenut

Pop Out Fit

Post by planenut »

As far as that looks off, is there a possibility that the glass is made for a different model with a different shape? I've been away from bugs for a while, but that's not even close. I think some bodies are a little different. Maybe I'm wrong.
Blue Baron

Post by Blue Baron »

That's the right window size.

Is the pinch welting installed around the opening?
KKV270

Post by KKV270 »

hi.

My interest is, where can I get a set of rubber seals such as what I'm seeing (with chromes)? Speedmster, where did you get yours from? I have a pending project and need such like. UK shops prefferably as I can access staff easier.
Speedmster

Post by Speedmster »

Sorry I missed the reply's to this thread.

Blue Baron wrote:That's the right window size.

Is the pinch welting installed around the opening?
The pinch welting is installed. Our conclusion is when they replaced the roof that something wasn't spot on. For a roof replacement they did a good job, but it unfortunately we think that is the cause of the problem.
KKV270 wrote:hi.

My interest is, where can I get a set of rubber seals such as what I'm seeing (with chromes)? Speedmster, where did you get yours from? I have a pending project and need such like. UK shops prefferably as I can access staff easier.
KKV270, this is where we purchased our pop out quarter glass from. We bought a whole kit. I do not know if they sell just the rubber with chrome.

http://www.mamotorworkstv.com/vw/produc ... ly_313532/
KKV270

Post by KKV270 »

Thanks for the feedback. Will check out the site for more.
Regards
Blue Baron

Post by Blue Baron »

Yes, a replaced roof can affect window fit.

As for the rubber, do you have pop-out windows like in the photo or stationary glass? Pop-out window frames have the anodized aluminum. For the stationary window seals, you must install the trim in the rubber yourself.

Wolfsburg West is a good source for all the rubber seals and aluminum trim.